Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

There's a first time for everything

In the month leading up to Dittos for Kiddos, I was going through many of LBs things and I was wondering if I could consign anything just so I could get a Consignor Pass. The consignor pass gets you into the doors before anyone else to get the really good stuff. About two weeks ago I tried to put LB in his swing -- I did, but after about 5 minutes, he did not want to be in the swing any more. He wanted to be able to get out and move around.
So a few days later when we were driving to town, I told JT that I was thinking about consigning the swing and a few items of clothing that LB never wore. Now, if you know my husband, you know that he does not keep things around. If you havent used it in the past year, you should just through it away. No sentimental value either. So I was completely shocked when his response was...Why dont you just keep it. We will use it again later. To which, my response was, "Where am I going to store the swing? It does not fold down flat and I dont really have a great place to store that size of an item."  He just told me, we will find a place to put it -- like the garage or the store room -- just keep it and get what you can at the sale. It will all work out.
I just thought that it was funny that he told me to keep something rather than throw it out or try to sell it...