Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

April 24, 2010

Okay...so my sister has a blog now and she has challenged me to blog more so I am going to try.  I have been wanting to blog more since I started this whole process, but havnt made it a habit yet. So here goes nothing...

April 24, 2010 - was a great, BUSY day at our house.  I had really been wanting a raised bed garden at my house for home grown vegetables. I finally convinced my husband to build me one after I told him I was just going to buy some forms from Home Depot and do it myself. So he went to the hardware store and bought the lumber and other items needed to build a raised bed that would go the length of our west fence line.  Saturday morning he went to work on building the bed for me.




While he was outside building the bed, I was inside painting a wall and some touch ups that needed to be done from our painting project earlier in the month.

Then, after he finished putting together the bed and I finished the painting, we took out the carpet from our living room and bedroom together.  Remember, we live in the country and when we took up the carpet - there was enough dirt to fill a small playground it seemed. However, the real wood floors beneath were revealed and they are very nice.  We did have to scrape up some padding that was glued to the floors and clean them really good, but I am happy with them for now.
Before with the carpet
With out carpet

With out carpet! 
After we loaded the carpet to be disposed of, we went to town and bought a truck load full of dirt for the garden bed. We then proceeded to fill the garden with the dirt. Needless to say that was a lot of work in itself -- not to include all the other work we completed that day.  Since the dirt was in I had to plant the new plants too. JalapeƱo peppers, tomatoes, eggplant and squash were planted the next day.


By the end of the day I was exhausted! I would say we had a busy, successful weekend! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment