Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

August 19th, 2010

IT'S A...



BOY!!


Today we had our 20 week sonogram.  This was Jacob's first time to go to the dr. with me. We patiently sat in the waiting room for our name to be called. Previously, we had talked about finding out the sex of the baby and we both agreed that yes, we want to know. Some one even asked Jacob what he wanted the baby to be and his response was, "...worse case scenario, it's a girl, and I can live with that."  I thought really.  What in the world are we gonna do if this baby is a girl?  
Our name was finally called.  As we now sat in the examination room with monitors all around us, the thought crept into my mind.  Do we really want to know. Quickly, I reminded myself -- YES! I need to know what bedding to buy. I didn't want to have an all yellow and green room. 
Once the technician came in, she turned out the lights and turned on the monitors.  She asked us if we wanted to know the sex and we both looked at each other and simultaneously said, "Yes."  She said ok and proceeded to put goopy cold stuff on my belly.  She picked up the wand and pressed it to my belly.  
If we didn't want to know the sex of the baby, we would have been disappointed because as soon as she pressed the wand to the right side of my belly, there were all his man parts.  Before she said anything, Jacob said, "That looks like a boy."  She said, "Yep, that's a boy." and continued to move the wand around his boy parts checking them out and then moved on to his legs and arms and head and then his heart.  
It was so amazing to not only see his tiny heart beating, but to hear it too. WOW! that is something really amazing. She took a few pictures along the way and then the dr. came in to tell us that according to the sonogram we have a happy healthy baby boy at 20 weeks 4 days. What a relief! 
Healthy, and everything was measuring the right length, width. He has arms and legs and a brain -- and they are all the right size.  Such a relief to know that.  Now if I can only start feeling better. 

Jacob was so relieved that this baby is a boy, he asked in the parking lot, "What if we have more and we have more boys, we could make a football team?"  to which I said, " if we are going to have that many, we have to have at least one girl for me."  We had  a good laugh and went to each lunch. It was a good day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment