Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1st, 2010

I had a doctor's appt this morning and one of the requirements for the appt was to go with a full bladder, but only water.  Those who know me, know that I need my coffee in morning and that I have a long commute. So a morning commute without coffee is R-O-U-G-H! I finally made it and I thought my bladder was going to burst. I walked into the waiting room and you should have seen the amount of people in there. I thought to my self - how in the world was I going to make it to my appt with out going to the bathroom?
When they finally called my number to the initial check in, they sent me to another waiting room.  They "candy striper" that was working that day was a very nice older gentleman who would lead me to the waiting room.  I know they are not supposed to ask questions since we are all their for medical procedures, but the walk was long without conversation so I asked him how his day was and he responded and then ask me how mine was.  I told him it was good but I wasnt sure how long my bladder would make it with all this water. He smiled and we he showed me where to wait for the nurse.
After just a few minutes of nervously waiting and hoping not to have an accident a super bubbly nurse walked around the corner and called my name.  Who Hoo! I didnt have to wait too long. As we were walking back to the procedure room she told me that the gentleman who walked me to the waiting room told her that my bladder was really full and that she should get me in as quick as she could. I thought to myself, How Nice. I did not ask him or expect him to say anything to anyone, but he cared enough to tell the nurse.  I felt really special that day.
Now on to the appt.  I got to see my baby.  My Baby. It really seemed unreal until that point and then seeing the heartbeat on the screen was just...well really made it REAL. I cried. The nurse asked it if this was our first. I said yes. She asked me what would the father say. I told her that all he wanted to hear was that it was healthy and that there was only one baby.  She looked shocked and said, what if theres more than one.  I said well, we will cross that bridge when we get there. As she put the baby on the screen, there was only one. Only one little blob of a person. So sweet and moving all around. Moving so much that I asked her if she was doing that and she said no.  Just a Happy Baby and that everything looked great and measured great.  She took these for me. I left a very happy mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment